Bracelets made from string materials have been around for ages. Try making this trendy jewelry using hemp or twine is a pass time after work. Here, I will teach a 12-strand spiral pattern, with an assistive Kumihimo round disk. Read on to learn from Beebeecraft how to make bracelets out of string.
For this trendy jewelry you’ll need:
Kumihimo Round Disk
2mm Nylon Thread jewelry string
How to make bracelets out of string?
Step 1: preparations
1. Cut 4 strands of Magenta and 2 strands of Yellow string, about 120cm and 140cm respectively.
2. Fold all strands at center. Tie an overhand knot to form a small loop as part of the closure.
Step 2: start to braid
1. Place the knot through the disk from the front.
2. Arrange the 12 strands on disk as the picture shows.
3. Start to braid the bracelet
1st, on the left half, take the left cord No.18 at bottom to the left of top left cord to be No. 28;
2nd, take the right cord No.30 at top to the right of only cord at bottom to be No.16;
3rd, on the right half, take the left cord No. 14 at bottom to the left of top left cord to be No.32;
4th, take the right cord No. 2 at top to the right of only cord at bottom to be No. 12.
4. Turn the disk.
1st, take the bottom left cord No.8 to left of the top left cord to be No. 22
2nd, take the top right cord No.24 to the right of only cord at bottom to be No.6.
5. Turn the disk and repeat the above procedure 3 and 4 over and over again.
Then the pattern will be like this:
Step 3: finish braiding
When you get a desired length, grab all the cords and carefully remove them from the disk. Tie another overhand knot at the end.
Trim off the excess tails and secure the ends by melting them slightly with a lighter.
There are many different ways to make and enjoy such trendy jewelry. Learn how to make bracelets out of string to go with every outfit and to give to friends as gifts. With the revival of the bohemian style, string accessories will always be in the mainstream.