Pendant necklace is one of the most popular jewelry. If you are interested in jewelry making, knowing how to attach a pendant to a necklace properly is elementary and essential. There are four basic methods to attach pendant to necklace with some common jewelry findings.
Using jump rings is the simplest way to attach a pendant/charm. You only need to put the jump ring through the bead or component, then loop it to a chain or other necklaces.
Head Pin or Eye Pin
1. Insert a head pin or eye pin through the hole of the bead or component;
2. Bend the top of the pin into a simple loop using round nose pliers;
3. Cut excess wire from the end of the loop with wire cutters and make sure there is no wire poking you while you wear the necklace. Or you can choose to wrap the excess wire around the base of the loop instead of cutting off;
4. Attach the pendant by slipping the loop on jump ring, a chain or thread.
1. Choose a suitable wire for the bead or component which you want to make into a pendant;
2. Push the wire through the hole of the bead or component;
3. Bend the top of the pin into a simple loop using round nose pliers;
4. Wrap the excessive wire around the bottom of the loop.
1. Insert one notch of the pinch bail into the hole of the bead or pendant at one side;
2. Insert the other notch from the other side;
3. Squash the pinch bail tightly with flat nose pliers;
4. Now you can pass a chain, a ribbon, a cord or any type of necklace through the pinch bail to finish a pendant necklace.
Actually there are a lot of ways to attach a pendant to a necklace besides above four ways. You can choose one way you like and are able to handle. And it will be great if you find a new way in the basis of these simple ways. I’m expecting for the fantastic pendant necklaces created by you.